Even though we’re lucky enough here in Crestview to live very close to the beach, there’s always room to refine your packing list for days at the beach! These essentials will keep everyone safe, nourished, and entertained!
1. Sun Protection
One of the most important things to remember when you go to the beach is your sun protection gear. Not only are sunburns painful now, but they can lead to serious issues down the road, so it’s best to be cautious!
- Hats – a sunhat with a wide brim and tight weave will shade your torso from the sun.
- Sunglasses – protect your eyes and the delicate skin around them!
- Sunscreen (face + body) – the quintessential sun protector, be sure to pack plenty of SPF.
- Rash guards – if you or the kids are super sensitive to the sun, rash guards can help protect your torso and arms.
- Umbrella – give yourself plenty of shade with a beach umbrella.
Being at the beach is already pretty fun, but bringing a few extra items can make it a true blast!
- Sand toys – playing in the sand is even more fun with a few molds, shovels, and buckets.
- Beach games – if you’re going with older kids or friends, pack a few beach games to pass the time with a little friendly competition.
- Book/kindle – what could be better than getting lost in a new book with the sound of the waves as your background noise?
- Speaker/music – be sure to bring a wireless speaker to enjoy your favorite songs of summer while you relax!
- Conversation cards – conversastion cards turn an ordinary beach day into an opportunity to better connect with your partner, family, or friends.
- Power bank – don’t let your phones die while you’re out on the beach.
These essential items don’t really fit into any one category, but they’re important nonetheless.
- Detangling brush/spray – tackle beachy tangles at the onset with a detangling brush and spray.
- Beach blanket/chairs – no one wants to sit right on the sand the whole time they’re at the beach, so be sure to bring something to sit on.
- Hand sanitizer – give your hands a quick rinse with hand sanitizer before reaching into your snack stash.
- Snacks/water – being out in the sun can make you super hungry and thirsty. Be sure to replenish with snacks and water!
You might also like: Rise And Shine With These Hacks For Becoming A Morning Person
4. A New Buick Or GMC
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.